Tuesday, May 6, 2008

conquering rage...




This is a true story .This is not my story.However it was told to me.This is about a boy .Let me call him Ron.Ron was 12.He was headstrong,egoistic,and to top it all an intellectual.He would not have found life easy.Those who think,they never do.To add to his trouble,he was popular too.
Yet he went about thinking his thoughts,speaking his mind & generally getting into trouble as boys sometimes do!One day in school...he was chastised quite seriously for a most stupid prank...absolutely foolish & silly.
The downside was that he thought that it was OK.He began to develop a strong negative image of his own self.He began to do even more stupid things that would land him in more trouble.Now
Ron would now easily be enraged over the smallest of things & say the nastiest things to the closest of his people.
This continued .It grew into a pattern.In Ron's words...
i realized my anger n rage were turning into my own enemies...the upside was that i could still analyze that it was own dark side that was eating into my happiness.My only release was my passion for my game...it sustained me...
Then i came to grade 11,here none of my past was brought out of closet.i could be who i wanted to be...i also found a girl who was willing to be with me..despite my angry outbursts,at times.
in fact ,she could stand up to me yet be on my side.
The breakthrough was when Ron had be able to use his mind & analyse what had gone wrong in his life .He began to find physical release through hours of playing.
He read extensively.He worked hard at understanding his own self.He spoke openly with friends .He decided he neede to make a change in affirmation of all that is positive.
He needed determination & courage to learn anger management.He did....
So i call him...my hero.

1 comment:

Tushar Sharma said...

WOW!!! I dont know why but it sounds so similar....mam please tell me who is this Ron....even i feel like meating him...he sounds like a great guy.....actually a hero....who is this Ron.....can yu arrange a meeting...plzzz i m very serious...i'll be very greatful...its so known feeling!!!